ERD Foundations is a preparatory clinic designed to get public safety divers and dive teams ready for the rigors of becoming an Emergency Response Diver. This clinic will establish your watermanship proficiency prior to enrolling in ERD-1.
Skills introduced and mastered
- 800 metre swim with mask, snorkel, and fins non-stop in less than 16 minutes.
- 500 metre distance swim, nonstop, without the use of swim aids in less than 14 minutes.
- 100 metre buddy tow in full scuba equipment in less than 4 minutes.
- Survival float without aids, for 15 minutes; during the last 2 minutes the student will keep their hands above the waterline.
- Basic Dive skills performed while neutrally buoyant (including mask skills, regulator retrieval, weight on/off, BCD on/off)
What’s in it for you and your team?
- This clinic will significantly improve the efficiency of your dive time when you enroll in ERD-1. Divers who are not able to perform ERD watermanship skills will not receive certification.
- Upon successful demonstration of ERD watermanship skills, graduates of ERD Foundations may enroll in ERD-1 within 12-months and will not have to repeat these skills.
- Graduates of ERD Foundations can will receive a $100 discount off of their ERD-1 Course from Diver’s World.