- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Minimum certification: NAUI Scuba Diver, SDI Open Water Scuba Diver or equivalent*
- Proof of 25 logged open water dives
TDI Intro to Tech minimum requirements:
- Execute proper gear selection and preparation as well as buddy gas matching
- Mastery of S.T.A.R.T, trim, finning techniques, body positioning, and diver skills
- Overall demonstration of mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
Click here to review our Medical History Questionnaire. Your safety is the most important thing to us: You may be asked to review your health with your family doctor just to be sure.
*Please note: You may be asked to complete a basic skills review if you hold only a PADI OW certification. We might also suggest enrolling in our PADI upgrade certification course to enhance your knowledge and skills.
Your class fee will cover the costs of class, TDI eLearning, your Instructors and Dive Master, and TDI Intro to Tech certification. The TDI Intro to Tech textbook is available to purchase separately for those who wish to own the book.
Students shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. You will need to have, or rent, all of the redundancy equipment required for the training dives. The instructor shall initially assist the student in checking all student gear to ensure it is adequate and in proper working order.
100% Internet Price Matching*: Remember, if you find a lower price for the exact same item, we will match it!
*Some restriction apply. See store for details.
A minimum of three open water dives with your instructor are required.
You will need to provide your own transportation, rental equipment, environmental suit and accommodations. Rental equipment is available through Diver’s World. Many of our local dives are within a couple of hours drive (or right here in our own Lake Erie or Presque Isle Bay) and classmates frequently arrange for travel together.